Junk or clutter it does not matter what you call it, the simple fact is decluttering for some may find the task at hand to be overwhelming. It takes no time at all for clutter to creep into our lives and take over. Before you know it spring or fall rolls in and the garage needs cleaned out, the attic is full of who knows what and the shed out back could use some junk removal as well.
If you find your one of those people who feels overwhelmed with decluttering your life we have a few tips to help you clean and organize your life.
Tips to Ease the Pain
- Create a system for sorting. Use four large plastic tubs or boxes and label each one. For example KEEP, GET RID OF, STORAGE and the last one RECYCLING.
- Once you have some sorting done you can take your GET RID OF items and sort those items into smaller categories. Host a yard sale and sell the items you think others might need or want. Yard sales are total win in that you can put some money back in your pocket and you get rid of some unwanted stuff.
- The items that do not sell you can donate to a charity of your choice. For all the other stuff that is broken, unfit for sale or donation or too big for regular trash cans, a dumpster rental allows for easy trash removal.
- As you sort through your clutter ask yourself a few questions to help determine what tub the item should be placed in. Does it work? Do you love it? Does it mean something to you? Is it a family air loom? Have you used it or worn it in the past year? For those really hard to decide items give it some time and sleep on it. Chances are in the morning you will have decided.
- Using small baskets in drawers will help keep them neat and organized allowing you to find those small items quickly. Closet organizers are extremely handy when it comes to cleaning out the closets. You can find the right one for you at your local home store or by searching online.
- If you find yourself lacking inspiration on what to do with your newly found space you can search social websites or ask Google for ideas.
- When sorting and organizing is too much for you take the time to contact an Austin dumpster rental company for help in your junk removal.